Norman D. Crow

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
Thanks folks. I know about the issues with silicone and that's why I
didn't just try that solution without some input. Ed and Allyn thoughts
about a wear component that effects the orbital actions makes sense. When
I have it on the piece and under load it seems like it only spins and that
there is no orbit to 'redirect' the motion. It might makes sense that a
wearing or worn part would let it orbit with no load (which it does) but
is too worn to do it under load.

Course now I have to try and find the manual.

I have a Crapsman(Ryobi) ROS that occasionally starts vibrating & becoming
"hard to handle". I discovered that the screw retaining the pad assy.
bearing to the motor shaft had loosened slightly. After 2 or 3 occurrences,
I tried some Loctite on the screw threads, it's been fine ever since. Seems
this would fall in with the comments about worn parts.
Just my $.25
--
Nahmie