SteveF

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi all

I'm searching for a recipe for making electroless nickel plating .
So far googling shows that someone perhaps wrote an article on
the subject for Live Steam Magazine in 1977 and supposedly
it went into the FAQ but I cannot find it there. As I understand
it the process is not new nor propietary.
I'm aware that Caswell sells a reasonably priced kit, but cheapness
is not my sole motivator. I really would like to try it DIY and
hope
its not imposible nor impractical.

Any help is thanked in advance

Regards,

Mongke

To add to my other message, the Material Safety Data Sheet is required to be
provided by US Law. So if you decide to buy some of the stuff from Caswell
or Brownell's or any other chemical manufacturer, make sure to ask that they
include the MSDS. Don't just ask, "What is in it?" because the usual answer
is "It's proprietary". But if you ask for the MSDS they can't refuse.

Steve.