Pop

In general, you can pull with any tractor that has a place for a
pin in the back step. Breaking stuff isn't usually much of a
problem since the wheels will slip before it gets to that point
unless you're the kind like to jerk & pull.
Check how the transaxle is connected to the body. If it's
little U clamps, similar to muffler clamps, keep an eye on them!
If one loosens, it'll wear thru in a hurry and soon you'll have
one rear tire trying to be a front tire.
If things slip, or the wheels spin, you know the load's too
much for it.
Oh, brakes are about useless too if you need to stop a heavy
load. And of course keep an eye on the hitch pin hole wear.
They wear quickly if it's a thing gauge metal. That metal is
likely to bend before damage occurs, but take it as a serious
warning!
I used to use my little Cfartsman 8 hp 32" to pull everything
from cinder blocks to bags of cement on a little 6-wheel trailer
I built and never had a problem. Dragging things without wheels
was really a lost cause. Even my 25 hp tractor can't drag well
because the wheels will slip. It'll pull a trailer with about
any load, though, all the way up to 7th gear at mid-throttle.
Pushing is something else: The fronts of the frames just
aren't designed to push as a rule and if it is, it'll have
attachment places obvious for the equipment. I've never seen one
that small that could push and I can see how it would easily
screw up things like the tie rods, axle mount/connections for the
front wheels, etc. Also, sometimes those parts are cast iron, so
you only get one chance to mess them up g.

HTH

Pop

"Ignoramus19325" wrote in
message .. .
:I recently bought (for $50, non working condition) and fixed up
: little a used 10 HP Sears Craftsman garden tractor.
:
: It is relatively heavy. Maybe 300 lbs or so. With me on it, it
would
: be 475 lbs.
:
: Sometimes I need to move heavy things. Can I use this tractor
to help
: them move along? Is the transmission/drive/engine designed for
that?
:
: As a related thought, do they take snow plowing attachments?
:
: thanks
:
: i