Percival P. Cassidy

We love our Kenmore front-loader (made by Frigidaire, which is now owned
by Electrolux).

We've had one repair: the controller module had to be replaced, but it
was covered by our service plan/extended warranty. Otherwise the part
would have been $200+ (plus labor).

The service guy said the most common problem with them (at least with
this model) is bearing failure (mucho espensivo to fix -- more than the
cost of a new machine -- because it takes two people at least a couple
of hours, plus a whole new drum/bearing/shaft assembly). But the most
common cause of this failure, he said, is using ordinary detergent
instead of the low-sudsing detergent made specially for front-loaders;
we stock up at Sears when they have it for half price.

Perce

On 08/11/05 11:40 pm FH tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

i've never had one, but i've been told that they use less water and are in
general better. can someone tell me why if that's true?

i'd like to know the pros and cons if anyone has any experience with them
both.