Jasen Betts

In article XlfLe.202321$s54.83511@pd7tw2no, Noozer wrote:
Just wondering how to do this...

My PC has 4 channel output, using two 1/8" stereo cables. I'd like to add a
box in the middle of the cables that will disable the speakers if I plug a
set of headphones into this box. To make it complicated, I'd like the
headphones to mix the two left and right channels into a single left and
right.

Suggestions?

You'll be looking far to find a 3.5mm sterio socket with a 4 pole switch in it,
it might be easier to put a manual 4 pole switch on the box.

also is the soundcard output spleaker level or line level, if line level
some sort of pre-amp may be required,

--

Bye.
Jasen