Andy Hall

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:09:47 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle
wrote:

On 12 Aug 2005, Andy Hall wrote
On 12 Aug 2005 21:32:18 GMT, Rod wrote:

-snip-

(No - thankfully we are not and were not going to be flying!)

Lucky you. I was nearly stranded on the way back today. Lot of
nonsense - I think that they should sack the lot.

Ummmm...that's precisely what happened, and what's led to all the
fooferah...

The catering company laid people off. I really don/t see what
business that is of the airline staff, baggage handlers etc.

The correct procedure would have been for the airline to have
continued to fly, giving customers a voucher or part refund on tickets
and to push the cost of doing so to the catering firm for
non-performance of supply.

(Where BA shot themselves in the foot was by out-sourcing their
catering to save a few bob: by doing that, they get caught in third-
party crossfire. They get all the grief an blame, with no control over
the solution. Chickens/home/roost/to/coming stuff.)

Outsourcing is simply a way of not having to deal with non-core
aspects of a business.

Airlines use rather a lot of kerosene as well, but typically don't do
oil exploration or run refineries.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl