Fred Besancon

Fred Besancon wrote:

John T wrote:

Greetings,

Well, recently I just got back my Denon DN-720R cassette deck from
repairs (new play/rec head, new pinch roller assembly and roller
itself). This deck had a problem with the speed varying - on some
tapes it would slow down and speed up, without the variable speed
engaged. I was told it may have been just a stretched tape, but the
tapes it affect play fine on my other machine, a Sony.

Checking out the problem on google, it would appear the cause of
speed variations are belts that have to be replaced. Is this right,
and where can I source belts these days for a cassette deck of this
nature?

Thanks!

John

You can get Denon parts at Pacific Parts: pacparts.com
Make sure your capstan(s) are moving freely: clean & oil and I hope
your capstan (main) motor is ok
Good luck............Fred

John,
Here's the link to Pacific Coast Parts (not Pacific Parts):
http://www.pacparts.com/electronics/...TOKEN=28117000