John T

Default Cassette deck small problem

Greetings,

Well, recently I just got back my Denon DN-720R cassette deck from
repairs (new play/rec head, new pinch roller assembly and roller
itself). This deck had a problem with the speed varying - on some tapes
it would slow down and speed up, without the variable speed engaged. I
was told it may have been just a stretched tape, but the tapes it affect
play fine on my other machine, a Sony.

Checking out the problem on google, it would appear the cause of speed
variations are belts that have to be replaced. Is this right, and where
can I source belts these days for a cassette deck of this nature?

Thanks!

John