Paul Andrews

"Rod" wrote in message
. 4...
Do
French electrics not support 3 KW appliances? How do they handle high load
appliances such as heaters, cookers, etc.?

LOL

I worked in France for a few months and rented the top floor of a house. The
rest of the house had the owner living in and an attached dance studio (the
owner was a dance teacher). One evening I tried putting on the kettle whilst
i was ironing. The result was that the whole house went into darkness,
including the dance studio, during a dance lesson..

Beautiful house though. When we left they decided to replace the carpets,
which were foam backed and glued down. They were most amused when I said
that most people in britain put newspapers underneath specifically to stop
the carpet sticking to the floor..

Paul

(No - thankfully we are not and were not going to be flying!)
--
Rod