Edwin Pawlowski

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message

My Bosch 5" ROS has recently become very hard to handle.

Got a female one eh?

I took the pad off to see what I could and found that there
is a rubber ring that rides against the back of the sanding pad to direct
the airflow for the dust collection through the proper ports. I found
that the ring was caked with paint residue. Not thinking that this was
relevant, I cleaned the residue off anyway before I put it back together.
Does anyone have any better ideas?

Some sanders have a wear part in them that control the orbital action. (My
DeWalt even came with a spare) Perhaps something is worn enough not to
direct the air properly, but enough that it is not at full capacity. Check
the manual for references to something like that.