DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Gil HASH wrote:
A big thanks for all your tips
This newsgroup is really dedicated to metalworking fanatics ;-)

That is because it is composed of metalworking fanatics. :-)

There is no one like this in french,

How easy is it to own metalworking equipment in France? It
*might* be that the lack of a similar newsgroup or mailing list reflects
the difficulty of becoming a metalworking hobbyist in France. (I have
read of similar difficulties in Germany.)

Then again, I see from your .sig block that you are not *in*
France, so you might not know the answer to this question.)

that's why I find always many answers
to my newbie's questions
Sometimes I must just be familiar with your "special working language" ;-)
One day, a dictionnary could be written

And perhaps that could best be done by someone coming into the
newsgroup from the basis of another language, as the special use of
words to which we have become accustomed might become invisible to us,
as we have *always* used them.

I must admit that your English is much better than my Spanish.
(I did not study French in school, as I did not expect to need it, and
then I had to spend some time in Paris when my mother was in a hospital
there. As it turned out, the times when I could not find anyone who
would admit that they spoke English, I was able to find someone who
spoke Spanish, so I was able to communicate -- with some difficulty.

Best of luck,
DoN.

P.S. I see that you are posting from a Wanadoo address, so I fear
that you could not send me e-mail directly, as I have a lot of
Wanadoo in France blocked for spamming (and for not doing much
about their users who are spamming. :-)
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564