IMM

Default Lead-Loc and Gas pipes

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Steve
wrote:
But yes the skills base for a lot of trades isnt what it used to be
how many plumbers noadays would be able to do all the jobs plumbers
used to do lead roofs flashings etc etc thats why i suggested
looking for one with that experience

In my first job I worked with a guy (who would now be 90ish if still
alive) who trained as a plumber. One of the tests for apprentices was
to boss a bend in 4" lead soil pipe, then hacksaw through the bend to
show that the wall thickness was constant. We sure have it easy!

I had to do the same bashing out a lead flue tile with a lead dresser.