fred

Default Alarm system - too clever by half

I've just installed a clever alarm with 2 stage shock protection on the main
door (it's a flat). A whack on the door sets off the sounder for a few
seconds and giving it a kick sets off the main alarm, or that's what I had
intended.

To ice the cake there's a 120dB sounder by the door to make sure a would
be intruder gets the message, it's the sort that modulates, creating a rapid
whok - whok - whok sound that makes your head feel like it is being whok
- whok - whoked with a baseball bat.

Unfortunately it's so loud that the shock sensor thinks WW3 has been
declared and it causes the alarm to latch up and sound continuously.

After a while, I laughed. Stage 1 shock protection is disabled until I sort
out my workaround :-)
--
fred