J. Clarke

mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:30:10 -0400, Leo Van Der Loo
wrote:

Hi George

Yes that works real well also, I don't have a burr mill, and use the end
of a stanley knife blade on a dremel arbor, load some small chunks in a
glass jar end shake the dremel/jar combo until I have enough small, fine
and coarse pieces, I think your burr mill would do a nicer job but this
works also.
As the question was about the coffee ground, I didn't include this way
of improving things, and yes I think in some cases this (bark) does a
much nicer job.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

George wrote:

My earlier didn't make it through my ISP, but putting some bark through
burr mill makes a great filler that looks absolutely natural in a bark
pocket. You can grind coarse or fine, and filling below the line and
sprinkling the rest on top of accelerated CA gives you something that
takes
a finish almost like the real stuff. With epoxy or CA solid, you have
to "tooth" it to get a varnish to stick and equalize the appearance.

Big cracks are stuffed with bigger unground chunks, and look pretty good
as well.

I'm not sure, but a Burr Mill might be a coffee grinder?
Bought one for the RV last week for about $15...
It seems like it would work well, except that your only control of
course/fine is how long you run the grinder..

That's a blade grinder. You can also get coffee grinders that use a burr.
With those you adjust the grind by the position of the burr. They're
harder to find and more expensive.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

--