Christian McArdle

Default Replacing hot water cylinder.

Yes, if you fill the bath quicker than the combination tank fills up. The
header tank will be much smaller than the bath capacity.

By all means fit a replacement gravity system if you want to save cash, but
a mains pressure system is vastly better and weighs less, too, which can be
a factor when installing in a loft with 3 inch joists.

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
I'm fairly sure that the cold water feed in the bathroom already comes
from the mains. Can't be 100% positive but I seem to recall that last
time I turned the water off at the stopcock the bathroom supply dried
up pretty much immediately. I'll double check when I get time. If
this is the case then the CW tank will only be there as a feed for the
HW Cylinder so in a combination cylinder is the size of the CW part
important ?

Thanks.