Joseph Meehan

I have a small Simoniz Pressure washer 1300psi (1700 psi with special
nozzle). I used it one this summer and it worked fine. The second
time I used it, it started loosing pressure after 8seconds or so.
So if I let go of the trigger, and wait 15 seconds or so, then I get
pressure again for 8sec. But if I continue using it after it looses
pressure it lows the breakers in my house (because it's drawing too
much power). Any idea why that happens and how to fix it? The
unit is about 4 years old and used twice each summer. Thanks.

lbbss

It is possible that you don't have enough "juice". Think they need 15
amps to run so make sure you have nothing else plugged in. Or you may
have a clog in the hose. Or you may have debris in the water inlet
screen - check and clean. Or you may have an air block in your pump.
Remove the wand and let the water run through for a bit then try it.
Other than that it could be the water supply - are you on a well? I
bet you dont have enough power - your machine should be directly
plugged into a 3 prong grounded outlet. If using an extension cord it
should be of equal guage and 3 prong as well.

I would not use anything lighter than a 12 gauge extension.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit