Dr. Hardcrab

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:id%Ke.6695$0d.1446@trnddc03...

"TURTLE" wrote

You say you have a 12 seer unit already. well the new units that are the
price is suppose to go to the moon is the 13 seer if you had bought one
now a
days. So price out a 13 seer in your system you have now and your
looking at
the new price that are suppose to go to the moon. So in so many words
your
going to have to buy a 13 seer and not a 12 seer like you got.

No , Don't replace anything if it is working good. If you have trouble
get a
new one but not for this seer rating raise to 13 seer. It should be a
None
Event.

Now if you want a 10 seer unit after January 2006 which burn 30% more
electricity than a 13 seer. You may concider getting one before Jan.
2006.

We have a church in our area that had me come out and give them a price
on 10
units they want to replace. I asked them what was wrong with the ones
they
have now. They said they were working fine, but they had heard that after
the
first of the year only 13 SEER (and up) were going to be available. Since
their units were 15 years old, they wanted to replace them with 10 SEER
units
NOW since the 13 SEER units would cost more.

Talk about preventative maintenance....

This is Turtle.

Like you say there is a bunch of hoop-la going on but i have been
contacted by a
few churches with 3 phase equipment and was worried about the requirement
changes and cost. After i discuss it with them a few minutes it becomes a
non-event. Also I got a call to get a bid on a big church here of changing
out
the hvac equipment to the old stuff at about $35K before january 2006. I
found
out that a local turkey hvac person had told them that the equipment would
tripple in price after jan. 2006. they have 3 phase Package units and I
explained to the preacher that 3 phase equipment has nothing to do with
the
Regulation changes in Jan. 2006. The Preacher called the EPA phone line
and
confirmed these words of mine and he cancelled the Bidding process.

This SEER changing in January, I guess , is going to be used as a selling
tool.

Yeah. My "heart and soul" right now are the 12 seer American Standards and
the 13 SEER Carriers.

Hey, Turtle. Can ya tell I'm doing sales now???

(Don't hate me. Still a tech at heart)