William Brown

I think they are not inherently unreliable, as they have been widely
used in Europe for many years, although the European machines are
usually smaller. Any unreliability problems would be more likely to be
the result of cost-cutting manufacturing techniques. And there are some
who would believe that manufacturers design in a level of unreliability
so they can sell more replacements.

The lack of an agitator is, in my opinion, the greatest advantage, as
that would tend to make your fabrics last longer.

I think most also require special detergents, which may or may not be an
advantage.

Personally, I am looking into a front loader that includes drying
capacity. They are pricey, but you save space and can put them anywhere
as no exhaust ducting is needed, and I think the time saved by not
having to be there to move the load from the washer to the dryer will be
well worth the cost.

FH wrote:
i've never had one, but i've been told that they use less water and are in
general better. can someone tell me why if that's true?

i'd like to know the pros and cons if anyone has any experience with them
both.