Joseph Meehan

FDR wrote:
"FH" wrote in message
i've never had one, but i've been told that they use less water and
are in general better. can someone tell me why if that's true?

i'd like to know the pros and cons if anyone has any experience with
them both.

Pros: Use less water and use less detergent and less electricity. They
can spin up to a faster and eliminate more water from the
clothes so they dry fasyer in the dryer, which is another savings. Can do
really large loads, which for me is great because we have kids
and there's always things that need to be washed. Quieter than a top
loader. Can be stacked. Fun to watch.

Cons: None so far except initial expense. The gasket on the front
door could be a leak source, but we haven't had any problems. You may
need a pedestal (sold seperately) to raise them to a more comfortable
level for loading/unloading.

I think that is a good evaluation. I will add a couple of things.

They tend more expensive and have not been found to be more reliable or
longer lasting than top loaders. Some are better, but some are not.

They also tend to treat clothing easier, so your clothing will last and
little longer and will look a little better longer.

My next one will be a front loader. Right now I have a 15+ year old
Maytag top loader, made back when Maytag was better than most.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit