Todd H.

"Edwin Pawlowski" writes:
Agreed. I paid less than $200 to have my 8 foot slider replaced and it is
as perfect as the day installed over 10 years ago. You need a new
contractor. I bought a Pella and had a local guy do the install.

I did something similar.

I also had the good fortune to know a guy who worked millwork at home
depot who tipped me off to a special order return on an Andersen oak
slider that fit perfectly, and I got it for quite a deal.

Evidently 8' doors get returned routinely because of people ordering
8' wide doors when really they want 8' high and vice versa.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/