Ulysses

"Thumper350" wrote in message
ups.com...
My lawnmower (20 year old B&S 3.5 HP) won't run if it gets tilted to

the
right as seen from the pushing-the-mower position.

I had the same issue with a 20 YO Tecumseh powered rider.
Thought it was needle and seat issue. Replaced to no avail.
Found it to be a pinhole in the float.
Replaced and it runs like new.

Typically the only things that are effected by level would
be fuel delivery system and possibly a wire thats hanging
and only grounds out with a certain tilt. Engine stall should be
instantaneous, not a few seconds after tilting.

I still go with a bad float.

Thumper

Ok, good. I'll check the float thoroughly. I would expect it to have some
gas in it from what you described.