John Parker

Default Kenmore (Roper) repeated F2 code

Hello,

The oven is an electric Kenmore, Model 911.4018813, which is made by
Roper.

The oven repeatedly (like 10 times a day!) indicates an F2 fault code
and the beeping is driving me crazy.

When the oven does work it frequently gives an F3 code.

I checked the sensor, 1096 Ohms at room temp. All the wiring to the
control board tests good.

The clock and timer work fine.

We get frequent lightning and power outages.

From searching this group on Google I'm guessing the controller is
bad.

Is there any other test I can do? (I can get any kind of test
instrument)

Is it worth it to replace the controller or should I get a new oven?

Thanks