Joseph Meehan

W.D. wrote:
The approximately one yard square section of concrete walkway
directly in front of my front steps apparently settled improperly
after it was poured resulting in pooling of water when it rains. What
would be the most effectiveway to fix this? Will it require that the
section be ripped out and replaced or might it be possible to simply
pour some more concrete on top of the existing slab where the
depression is? Does anyone know of a 'do it yourself' website that
would have info on this kind of thing? Thanks,
W.D.

As noted, if you have good drainage under it, you might get by with the
drain holes, or you might wash away more soil and make matters worse.

Depending on the specific situation you may also try digging it up or
adding a layer on top ( I really don't like this one) or maybe mud jacking
may work. You will have to have someone who does mud jacking take a look,
not all situations are good candidates for it. Look in the Yellow pages
under the concrete companies or ask around. They drill a hole or two and
then pump a concrete mix into the hole lifting the existing slab and filling
the area under with fresh concrete.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit