Joseph Meehan

Travis Jordan wrote:
stevie wrote:
I caught a brief part of a newscast that said central air
conditioning units would soon double in price due to new governmental
regulations about efficiency.

B.S. - Some increase in price will occur for those who would otherwise
purchase a 'low end' 10 SEER system, but for many buyers there may be
a price decrease as competition for the new "entry level" systems
heats up.

http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-IMPA...-17/i18533.htm

My present unit (Trane) was installed in 1989 and is still working
OK. Should I think about replacing it before price increase? I
believe SEER is 12 on my unit??

Don't bother.

I agree with Travis. The price will not go up on the existing units
that meet the new minimums. It just means you will no longer be able to buy
the cheap stuff, that likely would cost you more in the long run anyway. I
suspect it will pay to wait as the low end stuff of the future will be
today's mid line stuff and is likely to be cheaper than today.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit