On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:18:47 -0500, Dan C
wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:05:47 -0500, thebrownie wrote:

I want to have a electrician look at my old House and maybe rewire
it, I also want to have the ability to hook a generator to the house
wiring in case of emergency.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

It didn't occur to you to look in your local Yellow Pages?

Yes it did but all of the contractors would not even talk to me
without having a massive advance payment. And I have determined
that most contractors will charge about 300% of the actual cost
of the work.
That's why I was asking for a electrician and not a contractor, I am
retired and can't afford one of the money grubbing contractors.