Bob Vaughan

In article . com,
wrote:
I would seriously consider using a telecom ring, instead of a box.

Are those the orange things in the electrical aisle at HD? G

Those would be them.. they look like a box, except without the back, and
they are orange so that you can easily tell them apart from the regular
boxes (usually blue).

I have just plain speaker wire off a spool ran through the stud/ceiling
cavities to the far corners of the room, terminated in single gang
boxes with two-port levitron wall plates (red & black screw down
connectors).

like 16 or 14 gauge zipcord? should be fine. 18 is probably ok as well,
but I would not go any smaller then that.

I have CAT5 wire and some RG whatever I had lying around from the cable
company kit sent with the high-speed internet service, using hex-crimp
connectors. Just basic stuff is all I need.

Sounds good.. If the cable company provided it, it is probably RG-6.

Thanks!

No problem.. It sounds like you are well on your way..

If you can, take some before, during, and after photos, and stick them on
a website somewhere, and tell us about it.. It's always good to see the
results..

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --