W.D.

I did try to drill a couple 'drainage' holes but don't think my drill bit
was long enough (I drilled down four inches or so). Am reluctant to go out
and buy an extra long drill bit just for this but suppose it will be less
expensive than replacing/repairing the slab so Ill give drilling another
try. Thanks,

W.D.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
W.D. writes:

The approximately one yard square section of concrete walkway directly
in front of my front steps apparently settled improperly after it was
poured resulting in pooling of water when it rains. What would be the
most effectiveway to fix this?

The technical term is "birdbath".

One clever remedy is to drill a small hole through the slab at the lowest
point. This won't stop the puddling, but it will allow the water to
eventually drain. A Tapcon bit would be quite suitable for this.

A bit more effective would be to neatly saw-cut all the way across the
slab
there, but that requires more elaborate tools or expense.