Joseph Meehan

yaofeng wrote:
We are finally replacing the HVAC in our house. The furnace is
original in 1971, 140,000 BTU. Central air is 3 1/2 ton Trane put in
1987. The new ones will be both Trane units. The new furnace will be
92.5% AFUE 112,000 BTU. AC is the same tonnage at 15 SEER. The house
is 2,100 sq ft in NJ.

The HVAC contractor suggested raising the duct returns on the second
floor from the existing near floor locations to a higher location near
the ceiling when I told him our second floor doesn't get cooled that
well. The plan is to raise it without additional ducting by using the
joist space. Does it make sense?

The return changes should help. How much will be seen. The issue
Travis presented is valid. I would have the computations done.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit