Bob Vaughan

In article ,
Bud wrote:
Bob Vaughan wrote:
In article ,
David Combs wrote:

AC line-cord for my table-fan (Vornado) finally frayed
(just outside the fan), and so I need to toss that
bad spot on the line-cord, and then reconnect the
slightly-shortened power cord to the same wires
inside the fan it was hooked to before.

I agree the best solution is to splice inside the fan.

I doubt the other splices indicated above are intended to be installed
exposed and to take strain in the cord.

How about installing a plug on the end of the cord and plugging it into
an extension cord.

Re-read for context.. where on the cord is the damage? where does the
repair need to be made?

Bud--

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --