Sacramento Dave

Default Marketing Ideas

Has anyone ever tried to market an idea or invention? There a cabinet shop
and the guy has designed a custom router bit for making continues molding
and stackable. The idea is you can run the same molding as a base and then
go right around a door (with a 45) and continue threw the whole house. You
could do this with any base and sound's like it would like crap. I really
did not understand the stackable part. Here is the bad part, he got some
patent lawyer to do a patent, of course this has cost $$$$$$$$$ he has even
sold his car and living in his shop. The big hook is, there is a Co.
interested in it for 1mill and royalties, but first we need patents in
Europe. This poor guy should be warring a T-Shirt that say's "I should of
said no". But what would be a better way to try and Market or sell an Idea?
Or do you just hope you don't get racket over the coals? I know allot of
people have Invention or an Idea, I have so many good ideas I get overloaded
and end up back at work, thinking of more ways to get out of work.