Bob Morrison

In a previous post says...
I don't know what kind of dishwashers you guys have. But I had a 15
year old basic Hotpoint and for 8 years I put dishes in it without
pre-rinsing them. They often would sit for a few days before being
washed too

The problem isn't getting the dishes clean, it's getting the stuff that
comes off the dishes through the discharge pump and into the disposer.

I've yet to see a dishwasher that has an adequate screening system so
that fish bones (even small ones) don't plug up the discharge pipe. The
only solution is to rinse or scrape them off.

The other problem happens when a glass breaks inside the DW. Again,
most DW's don't have adequate screens to keep the pieces of glass out of
the discharge system. They will either plug up the discharge pipe, or
if they do make it to the disposer, you think you are grinding bones
when the disposer hits the piece of glass.

--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co