IMM

Default Digging a trench Vs boring a tunnel

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
Update

Well the water company man came round and said that they wouldn't bore a
tunnel for me at all, I'd have to dig a trench and he wants to inspect
it before they connect it up.

Also he want to inspect the pipework internally as it passes under a
wooden floor. Am I right in thinking that it is only their
responsibility up to a stopcock so if I fit one in the porch, then what
happens after that is none of his business?

In my situation where the water company stopcock is in the road and the
supply then passes under all the gardens in the terrace to individual
internal stopcocks, is it true that what happens after the stopcock in
the road is also not their concern?

The mains water is their concern. All of it. That is why they inspect
before connecting and backfilling.