George

Stretch wrote:
I needed a new AC adapter for my Toshiba laptop (under warranty) The
warranty reps, none spoke decent english, sounded like they were from
India. They wanted me to ship my laptop bact to timbuc-too to have
them check the ac adapter. they would put a new one in the box and
ship it back to me. Turnaround of 2 - 3 weeks. The ac adapter plugs
into the laptop and outlet, not actually part of the computer. If they
just sent me one I could ship the bad one back. But no. they couldn't
do that. So I bought a new ac adapter for 99 dollars, rather than give
up my computer for 3 weeks. Next time I buy the Dell.

Stretch

And you will find exactly the same thing. This is what happens when
price becomes the most important thing. There isn't enough margin to
provide real service so that is why you get Mujibar when you call and
get forced into all sorts of tedious procedures designed to lower their
cost.