Donna

"Zin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm looking to replace my patio large sliding doors, one of the
contractors told me that he only do new construction replacement for
the sliding doors because retrofitting won't last. His reason was
sliding doors are heavy and after a period of using (and slamming) it
will leak.

Would someone out there be able to help me understand if it's worth pay
for the new construction type of replacement?

That doesn't sound right to me. I replaced my 8 foot sliders with
retrofitted sliders from home depot five years ago and have had no problems
with leaking. The home depot guys put the doors in for me, if that helps.

Donna