FDR

"David Combs" wrote in message
AC line-cord for my table-fan (Vornado) finally frayed
(just outside the fan), and so I need to toss that
bad spot on the line-cord, and then reconnect the
slightly-shortened power cord to the same wires
inside the fan it was hooked to before.

Having lost my soldering-gun some time ago,
and not wanting to buy a new one, just in
case my lost one turns up, I was looking
through those wide-drawers r-shack keeps
connectors, motors, buzzers, etc in.

Noticed these things called "tap-in squeeze connectors",
and bought several envelopes-full:

some red ones (64-3053), for 12 to 10 gauge.

some yellow ones, and blue ones.

To use these things, you of course strip the wire-end,
then insert one wire into one end, and the other into
the other, and then with levered-type pliers you
squeeze it like hell, and a little guillotine-like
piece gets shoved against the two wires, and that makes
the connection.

QUESTION: is it ok to use these things for making
the connection?

ALSO: they also have little yellow tubes, maybe 1.5
inches long, called "Butt Connectors:".

No instructions, though, for these, not even a hint
of how to use it.

What, you're supposed to *crush* it somehow, once
you have the two (insulated) wire's stuck into the
two ends of the tube?

Anyone know what to do?

(FYI: The yellow ones have part-num 64-3110.)

And safety with this one (for use for putting a
power cord onto an appliance)?

Thanks!

David

I think you are better off going to a hardware or electrical store. I know
that many years ago there used to be plugs with screw on connections for
bare wire.