Bob Vaughan

In article .com,
wrote:
The ideal solution would be to replace the single gang box, with a 4" square
deep box, or simply a 2 gang telecom mud ring. You don't actually need a
box for speaker/telecom/data/coax. You can get rings that can be cut-in
and mounted directly to the sheetrock.

That sounds doable, but one side would require an eight port module and
the other side would require the snap in connectors for coax and
ethernet. I never saw any double gang wall plates like that, so I
would be back to square one?

You mentioned Leviton, so I assumed you were looking at the Quickport plates
and modules. They have plates with 12 spaces that you could use. You will end
up with 6 spaces on each side.
I would use the lower 4 spaces on each side for speaker, and the upper 2 spaces
for network and coax, with blanks in the unused holes. something like this:

NETWORK BLANK COAX BLANK
FRONT-LEFT+ FRONT-LEFT- FRONT-RIGHT+ FRONT-RIGHT-
REAR-LEFT+ REAR-LEFT- REAR-RIGHT+ REAR-RIGHT-

http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/C...talogSection=E
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=625
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=626
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=627
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=628
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=629

http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/C...talogSection=F
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=613
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=615
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=616
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=617
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=527
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=528
http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/B...uildPageID=620

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --