willshak

On 8/7/2005 9:21 AM US(ET), Ray took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

In some rural areas I have travelled through I noticed a large number of
chest freezers by the side of the road. Never thought much about it - high
failure rate or something. Took me a while but people use these as garbage
bins. Pretty critter proof.

You could probably find someone who will pay YOU to remove one, take the
money & buy some Tremclad & put it at the end of the lane. If you are
artistic you could airbrush a picture of winged horses pulling a golden
chariot full of garbage cans to the heavens.

A couple of caveats. Most jurisdictions require the doors to be removed
from refrigerators and freezers when placed outside the house where
children may climb into them. Also the garbage removers will have to
lift cans out of the chest freezers which will require more exertion on
their part. Thirdly, if the garbage collecting service has those robot
arm trash collecting trucks, or go to them, they won't be able to remove
the cans from the chest.
Any storage box for garbage cans should have an opening top and an
opening front. The top will keep out rain, snow, and critters and still
allow adding more garbage. The opening front will allow the garbage
collectors to slide the cans out of the box without the extra lifting.

Cheers

"Jon" wrote in message

I am looking for plans for a garbage box for by my drive way. Some people
who live in more rural areas may know what I am. Something simple, but I
need someting b/c garbage collection is every 2 weeks and I don't have

shed

yet, and it is making my basement smell :-(

Any plans that one has access to, it would be great if you could pass

those

along.

Thanks, have a good day everyone

--