TURTLE

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:28:49 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

With two circiuts of 20 amps he could put not 32 -- 100 watt light bulbs but
39.2 --- 100 light bulbs. This would still be compliant of the 80% rule of the
two 20 amp breaker circuits.

What 80% rule?

This urban legend has taken on a life of it's own. There are lots of
80% rules in the NEC (even some 50% rules) but none of them apply to
lighting fixtures in a dwelling.

This is Turtle.

When Speaking of a Electrical breaker in a breaker box suppling electricity and
the 80% rule does not matter if the elctricity is supplied to a whole home or to
a one light bulb. If you have a 20 amp breaker in the box. You better not put
more that a 80% of 20 amp load on it. So You can have a 16 amp load to be
supplied to the 20 amp breaker.

i know now that your not a electrician for you would know exactly what I was
speaking about and you would be telling me about the 80% rules. So 80% Applies
to everything that will pull amps from a breaker and if you want to change
anything. Please be welcome to do as you please.

TURTLE