Bob Morrison

In a previous post Jennifer says...
I'd think that broken glass would come from glasses broken in the
dishwasher, not from anything on your plate? And bones get scraped into
the trash, of course... Sorry if I implied that you could put anything
into the dishwasher; only food that can be ground by the dishwasher is
safe, but that includes almost everything. No corncobs, no bones, no
peach pits.

Jennifer:

You are correct on the source of the broken glass. My point about fish
bones is that they seem so small (not like a bone from a steak) and the
temptation is to not rinse them off. Big mistake! I think it prudent
to give the dishes a light rinse or a quick scrape before they go in the
dishwasher.

--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co