Jennifer

Bob Morrison wrote:

The problem with not rinsing is not the stuff that gets stuck on, but
the fish bones or broken glass that make it past the screen and grinder.
These get stuck in the discharge pump and will trap anything else headed
for the disposal.

I have a fairly new Frigidaire that I have had to take apart more than
once because fish bones or a piece of broken glass got past the screen.

I'd think that broken glass would come from glasses broken in the
dishwasher, not from anything on your plate? And bones get scraped into
the trash, of course... Sorry if I implied that you could put anything
into the dishwasher; only food that can be ground by the dishwasher is
safe, but that includes almost everything. No corncobs, no bones, no
peach pits.

--
Jennifer