Joseph Meehan

Corinne wrote:
I just purchased an eight year old home that is in good shape.

My concern is that the dryer vent blows underneath my front steps,
which are made of wood.

No fire hazard, but it might increase moisture that could be a problem.

Could this be a fire hazard due to lint buildup?

I am seriously considering hiring a builder to re-vent the hose.

I went into the crawl space and it is neat and clean, no moisture.

Good and you want to keep it that way so you DON'T want to vent the
dryer there. Is there a way it can be easily vented directly outside (or is
it now directly vented outside?)

Thoughts please.

Thanks.

Corinne