Anthony Berlin

Does that apply to modern cars to Papaya? The thing that I cannot understand
in this forum is why some people feel the urgency to reply to questions that
they have absolutely NO idea of what they are talking about. Firstly yes the
system is capable of cooling with an inaccurate charge for a period of time.
Guages are required to determine the charge and superheat of the system.
Inaccurate charging not only nulifies efficiency ratings it also damages the
compressor. Do you know how to read a set of guages John? Can you convert to
superheat? Do you have a clue about wet bulb? Secondly if you need to ask if
current draw provides any indication of the systems components condition,
then you are apparently also have no business with an amprobe. Why would you
go buy these things if you have absolutely no idea of what their readings
indicate? And Papaya....a lye based coil cleaner? What are you friends of
the Clampetts for Christ sake. The only other thing I can figure is you
might be a contractor feeding this bull**** to naive HO's to generate
business I would suggest you both stick with what you
know...........whatever it might be, obviously HVAC ain't it.

The common factor in ALL your problems..............
..................is you.

"papaya" wrote in message
checking system pressures is unnecessary if it is cooling well, if they

were
not correct, it would not be cooling well

how is it cooling? fine? then leave the gauges alone

if you feel the need to do something, clean outside coil with lye based

coil
cleaner and comb out any bent fins on both indoor and outdoor coils

modern HVAC systems are maintenance free, except for keeping the coils

clean

"routine maintenance" doesn't extend the life of the system, and could
easily damage something that was not broken in the first place

"JohnH" wrote in message
I have a couple Lennox heat pumps I want to have checked. Aside from gas
pressure and current draw, what else would they check, or should I
specifically have them check? I regularly change the filters so they
shouldn't need to check those.

I could easily check the current draw with a clamp-on ammeter myself -

how
good is current draw an indicator of a system health?

Lastly, is it really a big deal to check line pressures? Should I get a
set of gauges and Do It Myself?