Patriarch

John B wrote in
:
snip
G'day all,
The farm house in which I lived as a kid, was constructed from clad
with Jarrah (Rough Sawn) boards up to about 5 feet high with the top
portion being asbestos sheeting.................
Every year we used to get an old mop and give the boards a good
coating of sump oil.(Which the old man would save from the oil changes
in the cars, tractors and other machinery).
I'd reckon that them boards would still be as good as new, although
very black.

John, just the thought of the reaction on the face of one of our California
inspectors, on seeing that house, made my morning!

I bet the paint was made with lead, too. Funny how we try to keep everyone
safe. Farm life in Oz certainly has different risks than city life in
California...

Thanks for posting.

Patriarch