Dave in Fairfax

Upscale wrote:
We're talking about hand saws right? I've got a 10 tpi Pax panel saw
purchased from LV. Cutting an 8" board shows visible imperfections. Mating
two boards end to end no matter how carefully I cut does *not* produce
something that would be considered usable for flooring. I'm not clumsy using
a hand saw nor am I inexperienced. So, either there's something I don't know
about cutting boards, I'm not handling the saw properly or I'm missing
something here.
The only saw apparatus that I've seen on the LV site that might produce cuts
suitable for flooring is the mitre trimmer. It doesn't exactly say, but
viewing it online suggests to me that it's capable of 90° cuts.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...22&cat=1,42884

Easy there big guy. I wasn't saying that you were clumsy or
inexperienced. I also wasn't saying that you'd get a sawcut that was
smooth as a baby's butt. You asked about the availablity of high
quality saws in Canada and I was suggesting LV. I don't think that saws
give perfect finishes, even the Japanese ones. If you take a look at
that shelf-O-planes I posted a while back you'll see a bunch of saws.
You'll also see a bunch of planes. I believe in planes. They give you
a smooth finish, so do the scapers you prolly can't see in the picture.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net