Michael Dritschel

Default american plumbing in the UK

We are in the process of building a new kitchen. For the tap we
would like to use the same one we had in our last kitchen in the US.
The fitting for these are indicated on the technical drawings as '1/2"
NPSM coupling nut for 3/8" or 1/2" flexible riser'. Would I need any
special adapter couple the standard UK plastic pipe to this? If so,
where might I find such an adapter?

I realise that mixer taps are made a bit differently here, mostly to
prevent syphoning from the hot water tank into the cold water system
in the case of low pressure. Since we have a combi boiler, this isn't
a concern, so assume the american taps can be used safely.

Thanks for any help.

Michael Dritschel

m,a,dritschel&ncl,ac,uk

, - . and & - @ for email