Wayne Cook

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:24:21 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

| I've got a real good idea of what you're doing. In fact I've got a
| portable press I made along the same lines. However I think you're
| underestimating what it'll take. I made my press frame from two pieces
| of 8" channel welding up into a tube. Then my arms have 3" square tube
| sockets that take 2 1/2" attachments. The arms are very heavily
| gusseted. I've only got about 13" overhang to the center of the jack
| when setup. I can get a good 1/2" of flex in the system with a weak
| jack that I have in it right now. The jacks supposed to be a 20 ton
| but it's leaking back so badly that I can't lift the front of a diesel
| truck with it right now so figure I'm not able to get more than 5-10
| tons on it.
|
| Wayne Cook
| Shamrock, TX
| http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

Wayne, I was poking around your site, seeing if there was either a
direct picture of it, or just it in the background of something, but nothing
turned up. Got some pics about!

I'll see what I can do. It's in pieces right now stacked near my
drill presses. But the pics of the drill presses are old enough that
it's not in there. My big problem right now is time. I've got a big
stainless fertilizer spreader in the shop that's been giving me a hard
time. It's been there way to long but between interruptions and
equipment break downs I'm having trouble getting it out.