SteveB

"Sasha" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am installing a garbage disposer in process of totally remodeling my
kitchen. I never had garbage disposer before. The disposer I got is
In-Sink-Erator 555sss. I always thought the garbage disposer works much
like sewage ejector pump that I installed in my basement several years
ago - float switch turns on where the disposer is full and turns off
after grinding waste and flushing water. It turned out that my disposer
and as far as I realize most of them are turned on manually and run
until manually turned off. Do I understand this correct? I installed a
GFCI receptacle on dedicated 20 A circuit but I assumed no switch. I
find it very annoying to turn the switch on and off each time I need to
use the disposer. Where do I put the switch for the disposer? Can it
overheat and break if left running for prolonged time?

You sound like my wife. She has a hell of a time understanding that the
garbage disposal is not like a garbage can. You don't wait until it is
full, then turn it on.

First off, the stuff smells rank quickly, and second, that is a lot of stuff
to send through the line at once, and there is a chance of clogging.

Still, at any time, I can turn on the water and hit the switch and there
will be garbage in there.

Either learn to use the damn thing, or get a pig to dispose of the slop.

Steve