TURTLE

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:j1aKe.84965$4o.53276@fed1read06...
We just bought a cabin. It has a 100 amp service breaker, and a service panel
with 5 20 amp breakers.

I know on appliances, all I have to do to find out the amperage is RTFM, but
for lights and such, how do I calculate just how much wattage I can put on any
breaker circuit?

The lighting is inadequate. I will need more. I have a licensed electrician
friend who will come and wire everything, so it will be done right and safe.
I just need to get an idea how many lights we are talking about so I can do
some shopping. I don't want to max everything out and put up a ton of lights.
I just want to balance them, and not put so many that I am approaching
critical mass.

TIA

Steve

this is Turtle.

In normal lighting circuits it is hard to over load normal lighting wattages to
just light up a cabin. Just take 1 -- 20 amp breaker and circuit for lights only
and that gives you 20 -- 100 watt light bulbs to light up the cabin. One Circuit
is what I thinik you need for all lighting to the cabin.

Now really 19.6 -- 100 watt light bulbs to be exact.

TURTLE