alexbartman alexbartman is offline
Member

Default Boiler Advice....

Hi

It looks as if my boiler is finally giving up the ghost....its 18 years old and the thieves at BG have just written to say they can no longer get parts for it. Whilst it take this warning with a pinch of salt, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I shoudl replace it anyway.

So...the current set up is traditional boiler - cold water tank in the loft and hot water cyliner in the Airing cupboard. I have just finished two new bathrooms with pump-assisted mixer shower in one and a nice Power Shower unit in the other - all the other plumbing is very standard with the boiler feeding 10 radiators.

So now the question is - what is the most cost efficient way to replace the boiler?? I think I want to avoid a combi system as this wont be compatible with my lovely new showers (??). Anyone got any views on what to buy and where to buy it?????

Very grateful for any advice