Baron

All finishes are safe for food contact once fully cured. You are not
eating the shakers, just letting the food you eat come in contact with them.
Just make sure the finish has FULLY cured. You might wish to let them cure
for double or triple the amount of time it says on the can.

Good Luck.

wrote in message
I was planning on coating the inside for the salt shaker, from what I have
read it will protect the wood. And with the pepper there will be the
possibility of the varnish coming off as you grind the peppers. I would

like
to have a nice finish that will show the grain of the wood I choose.

I can show you picture of the v-clamping system I bought from LEE Valley.

still have it sitting in my closet as a reminder that kind of quality

Http://www.powertool-reviews.com